pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] "Followup and Reply" missing in 0.14.0.94

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] "Followup and Reply" missing in 0.14.0.94
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:04:32 -0700

On Thu 14 Aug 2003 13:38, Torstein Sunde posted as excerpted below:
> In Pan 0.14.0.94, the "Followup and Reply" command in the Post menu
> is missing.  Could we please have it back?
>
> It's not a command I use frequently, but I find it useful when replying
> to an old article, in case the author no longer monitors the thread.

I /can't/ use it, because the ISP mail server verifies the domain of the from
address as an anti-spam measure (for whatever good THAT does, but..), and I
use an @ cox.reply2group.net.please munged address for news which obviously
won't resolve (tho it is unmungable).  In fact, for that reason I couldn't
use it even if the mail server didn't refuse it, because I wouldn't want my
unmunged address posted in the newsgroups, but WOULD want a legit return
address posted by mail.

That brings up a good feature request.  Could PAN be made to use different
return addresses automatically when replying to both group and OP, like it
does using profiles if you reply to each individually?

As it is, I do the individual replies, then copy/paste the text of one into
the other.  That works, but the point of computers, after all, is to automate
such tasks, so it's definitely a kludge.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin