pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Valgrind log

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Valgrind log
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:53:08 -0700

On Sun 17 Aug 2003 10:33, Charles Kerr posted as excerpted below:
> pspell is crashing on you.  If I were you, I'd dump pspell like a stone,
> install aspell 0.50.x, and rebuild gtkspell to work with aspell.

Absolutely!

> At some point in the 0.14.x series Pan's going to bundle gtkspell and
> make aspell a requirement for spellchecking.  I've had more pspell
> bug reports than I care to think about.

This is good news indeed!  I remember the trouble I had with aspell 0.33 and
pspell.  When Mdk finally upgraded to aspell 0.50, and I could finally get
and install the proper library from them, all the problems magically
vanished!  Thus, I definitely sympathize with all the bug reports you must
deal with on the old version, and think requiring the new version can't BUT
be a good thing.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin