pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problem with the latest version for Windows

From: George Czerw
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problem with the latest version for Windows
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:45:52 -0400

Charles,

I'm using Mandrake 9.1 and can reproduce that corruption problem
every time!!!!!!!  I'm not sure that it's corruption however....

The normal size of my config.xml file is 8 kb or so.   I just DL'd
and installed 0.14.0.95 last night.  Opened it ...no problem, used it
...no problem!  HOWEVER...I noticed that the SCORE column (which I
don't use) was now appearing in the default area next to the SUBJECT
column.
I went into edit/preferences/header pane, "moved" the position of the
score column to dead last, clicked apply, then OK and continued on my
merry way, ...presumably fat, dumb and happy.  At the end of a very
long night I shut down Pan and everything else, shut down the machine
and went to bed.

This evening, when I turned on the machine, logged in and opened Pan,
AAaarrrrrggghhhh!!!
no groups, no messages, no nothing.  Comparing file sizes....  the
new config.xml was 2.1 kb while the "config.xml that I saved 2 months

Closed Pan, copied the 8 kb config.xml file back into the .pan/data
directory, ...reopened Pan and everything was back to normal!!!!!!!!
Went back into edit preferences, changed the position of the SCORE
column, saved it, exited Pan and reopened Pan and
AAAaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!   nothing again!!!!  This time, my
config.xml was truncated to a mere 1.2 kb in size.

If you want them, I can email them directly to you!

George