pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] short group names

From: John Aldrich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] short group names
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:05:21 -0400

On Monday 18 August 2003 07:46 am, Søren Boll Overgaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked through the archives as well as bugzilla, but couldn't seem to
> find any mention of this small buglet.
>
> When using "shortened group names" in the groups pane, a group that I
> subsribe to named simply "daimi" is abbreviated to "d", which is
> obviously somewhat silly.
> So assuming that a group name contains no dots, shouldn't the "short
> group names" simply show the full group name?

I have to agree... news.SpamCop.net has a group named "spamcop" designed for
the users of the reporting system to discuss the reporting service. All the
newsgroups begin with "spamcop...." but the "main" group is just "spamcop."
It too is shortened.... So I guess I'll go look for that bug reoprt to add my
2 cents. :-)