pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Connection limit...

From: Mark Derricutt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Connection limit...
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:17:46 +1200

On Sunday, August 24, 2003 11:05:41 -0700 Duncan <address@hidden>
wrote:

[ replying to user list, sorry about dev@ before ]

This is not uncommon with unreliable connections such as dialup, tho it
can be other problems as well (bad task scheduling on some OSs, or an
overloaded news server, for instance).  The problem is a connection that

Mmmm, does make sense, however the problems only started with the last 1-2
versions of pan, it wouldn't be such a problem if pan didn't cancel the
task it was doing at the time ( thats the most annoying part ).  I often
tell pan to disconnect if I really need to do something else, but having it
cancel the task it was currently 1/2 way through ( binary file for instance
) is a right pain.

Mark

--
Mark Derricutt - email @ address@hidden - home @ www.talios.com