pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.14.1 - Unable to score any articles

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.14.1 - Unable to score any articles
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:51:58 -0700

Daren Russell posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:23:09 +0100:

> For exact eg: using gmane, pan.users group.  Middle click on
> the announce for 0.14.1 by Charles, SHIFT+CTRL+C, click on add, select
> subject and delete everything following the ANN at the start, select
> author, click add.  Error dialog pops up with:
> 'Can't use regular expression: "ANN\.\*":

Definitely a regex parsing bug, since according to the error, it is trying
to add the literal text "ANN.*", including the ".*" literally rather than
as a regex for "followed by 0 or more of any character", which is what it
was apparently attempting to do, based on what you said you did.

Where it is, PAN or library, I don't know, as I'm not that deeply into
code yet (tho I can usually follow what's going on in patches, etc.).

Benjamin Franklin