pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan site off line?

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan site off line?
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 21:46:37 +0200

Duncan wrote:

> Well, I see your user agent is PAN, so presumably U R using the gmane
> mail2news server (as I am).  [...]

I posted through Gmane last time, since I wasn't posting from home, and
replying by mail to "pan-users at nongnu.org" with Pan for Windoze
failed for some reason.  (I'm avoiding the "@" because Gmane would
mangle the address.)

However, my experience with slow response times for the last week or so
is based on posting by mail, and from the date/time of received posts
(not just my own posts) on both mail, Gmane and the web archive.  The
web archive appeared somewhat faster, usually it has been slower.

After I replied to the authorization request from Gmane, the post soon
arrived on the list, so maybe the problem is solved?  (The authorization
request arrived more than 30 hours later than the post, even though they
had roughly the same time-stamp...  BTW I don't use the myrealbox
account for mail from this list.)

This was sent Saturday at 19:45 GMT.  Now let's see when it arrives...