pan-users

[Pan-users] [Wishlist] Download algorithm improvement

From: Sven Neuhaus
Subject: [Pan-users] [Wishlist] Download algorithm improvement
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:54:54 +0200

Hello,

2 more feature requests:

My news server allows 3 parallel connections and I download 20 multipart files, I think it would be better if pan worked with all connections on one file at a time (downloading 3 different parts of the same multipart until there are less than 3 parts left, then start on the next file). This would also help getting the oldest file quickest before it expires (if it is about to).

Also, I have another wish: My news-provider has a bandwidth cap on every connection. Would it be possible to download the new article headers on more than one connection by splitting them into multiple subranges? With newsgroup getting 400,000+ postings and a bandwidth cap of 60kb/s just getting the headers takes 30 minutes and more.

Thanks,
-Sven