pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Editor wraps my beautiful ascii art when sending

From: Wolf J. Flywheel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Editor wraps my beautiful ascii art when sending
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:55:22 -0400

On Friday 19 September 2003 00:41, Johan Ovlinger wrote:

> > Are you sure that you hadn't enabled the option "Wrap Article Body"
> > ("W" or View menu) when viewing the message on the server?
>
> ooops.  t'was a reader side error. It never occurred to me that the
> READER would wrap messages.

        Sadly, it does, and rather aggressively, too!  Pan's wrapping is not
what
I've come to expect from such software -- not only does it wrap long
lines, such as those from people who choose not to use line breaks, but
short ones as well!  This mangles source listings, ASCII art, most
people's signatures, etc.

        You or I should probably submit an enhancement request, because:

        1. Short lines should not be combined with other short lines.
        2. Signatures should be left alone.
        3. I feel every list should have a number three.  ;)

--
// Carl Hudkins :: Jabber address@hidden :: PGP 50238D9E
//