pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problem with filtering

From: Edith Gross
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problem with filtering
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:38:06 +0200

Am Sun, 21 Sep 2003 03:22:34 -0700 hat Duncan <address@hidden> geschrieben:

I was thinking it might be a charset issue.  W2K supports the theory,
since it runs unichar I believe.  Do the filter failures possibly have
accents or umlauts or some such thing in some languages, but possibly not
as displayed in the font being used?  I'm guessing it might not be
matching because it literally doesn't match, since they are different
characters based on character-set.

But I searched for "Richter" and "Schumann" and that did not work either. These words do not contain "unusual" characters!

This problem has been around for a long time and I noticed it in that particular newsgroupt I mentioned and hardly noticed it in other newsgroups, which is very strange indeed.

Last time (with GTK+ 2.2.4) I also observed another app (a compiler)
freezing while Pan was stuck filtering. When I terminated Pan, the other
app was running again.

I have had the same experience. For example winamp suddenly stopped playing.

--
EG