pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Problems with viewing postings

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Problems with viewing postings
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:29:55 -0700

S. Anthony Sequeira posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:13:31 +0000:

> I have a problem with pan 14.2.  Sometimes it loses a newline and it
> always seems to add a space before the sig separator.  This is a recent
> posting to the comp.unix.admin newsgroup (body only):
>
> There is some wrapping, but you can see what's happening, any ideas?  I
> don't see any complaints about this in the archives.  I have tried, both
> the default and monospace fonts to no avail.

I couldn't see anything wrong beyond the wrapping you mentioned.  You did
mention it sometimes losing a newline.  Is it possibly because you need to
toggle wrap in PAN?  By default, I believe that's the "w" key, as the
shortcut.  If you don't normally toggle it, perhaps you hit it by accident
and need to hit it again.

Here, that and the "h"=headers key, are regularly used.  I change wrap
mode depending on the post I am viewing.  (I use the "c"=monospace
character toggle occasionally as well, but tend to like to keep it
monospace anyway, so don't use it as much.)

Benjamin Franklin