pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 0.11.4 rebuild group descriptions

From: Leif Harcke
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 0.11.4 rebuild group descriptions
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:58:01 -0700 (PDT)

Lenroc wrote:
> What indication do you have that the group descriptions have not been
> rebuilt when you got the group list again? Are some group descriptions
> corrupted? Missing?

All group descriptions are missing.  I think this happened when I tried to
use the import/export to .newsrc option.  I have since disabled that
option, but "Servers"->"Get List of All Groups" doesn't make the
descriptions reappear.

> do you know that the news server you are connecting to has the correct
> Group Description info?

It's not a server issue, because slrn and Pan on the home machine which
both use the same server each have the full group descriptions.

I could do "rm -rf ~/.pan" and start over again as a new user, but I was
hoping to avoid that if possible.

--
Leif Harcke
address@hidden