pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: article misclassified as partial binary

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: article misclassified as partial binary
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 07:50:47 -0700

Artur Jachacy posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Sun, 30 May 2004 14:42:39 +0200:

> On Sat, 29 May 2004 10:32:05 -0400, Carl Schaefer wrote:
>> Using pan 0.14.2 an article with the subject
>>
>> Subject: RE: MOVING SALE  This Sat (5/29) at 8am - 2pm.
>>
>> is shown in the header pane with a red puzzle piece, and I haven't
>> figured out how to get pan to show me the article body anyway.  Is this
>> possible?
>
> Select the article in the header pane, right-click, 'Read Article'.
> However, I've just noticed that it's impossible to view an article with
> '0/xx' in the subject.

Try the "save as" function, checking the "save text" option.  If THAT
doesn't work, and you REALLY want to read the article, search the cache
for files containing the subject line and other info (author, date) you
can get from the overview pane.  I've resorted to that a couple times,
altho if your cache measures in gigs (I was the one that submitted the
suggestion that got the max cache size increased from a gig to 20 gig, tho
I set mine to about four, and have it on an 8-gig dedicated partition),
just LOADING it (as when PAN starts up) takes awhile, never-mind grepping
file content! Still, it can be done, and I've done it.

Benjamin Franklin