pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: What is "new"?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: What is "new"?
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:10:48 -0700

Anssi Porttikivi posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:14:13 +0300:

> I don't seem to figure, what is the definition of a "new" article to be
> shown in bold font. I can quit and relaunch Pan and sometimes still see
> the same "old" articles bolded as "new".

"New" for the purposes of PAN usage here means overviews (inaccurately aka
"headers") retrieved the last time overviews WERE retrieved for that
group (and there was at least one "new" one). Thus, unless you read them,
"new" messages should STAY "new", until you fetch additional overviews,
and there's at least one to update and become "new", at which the former
"new" ones will become "old" (that is, simply, "unread").

Benjamin Franklin