pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Groups w/huge header count won't load?

From: Keith MacDonald
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Groups w/huge header count won't load?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:43:06 -0700 (PDT)

OK, thanks for the responses guys, the situation is as I
suspected (and feared :-).

*Usually* it's not necessary to look at all the headers in a
group, unless it's a group you've never pulled the headers on
before.  Then that's *exactly* when when you want the headers
from, say, 40 days ago (esp. if you're d/l'ing from a paid
provider...)

It sounds like the problem is deeply systemic, architecturally
speaking, and will take a fair bit of development resources to
address.  No biggie, it'll get dealt with eventually (sadly, for
me, I'll probably end-up reinstalling Windows for the interim, at
least as a dual boot).

I'll monitor Pan's dev list, and wait for something to emerge.
Thanks again for the replies. :-)