pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Copying Configuration Among Computers

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Copying Configuration Among Computers
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:38:51 -0700

Michael B posted
<address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:46:47 -0700:

> I am using Pan with OS X 10.3.4, and I love it. I would like to know if I
> can copy the configuration of Pan to another computer, say my Powerbook,
> so that I can pick up where I left off on my iMac without having to reload
> all of the groups from scratch. Does this make sense?
>
> If this is possible, can someone explain how to do this and what files are
> needed?

Not a problem.  If all you are wishing to do is track your read messages,
simply enable the newsrc option and move that file between them.  If you
want your entire config minus cache, copy the ~/.pan/data but not the
~/.pan/data/messages/cache, which is the big one if you keep a large
cache as I do.  Otherwise, just copy the entire .pan dir over.  At least I
/believe/ the darwin port uses the same file conventions.

Benjamin Franklin