pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Score limit

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Score limit
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:30:55 -0700

Ronny Hippler posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:57:30 -0500:

> nope it just this but with more subjects added
>
> %BOS
> [^alt\.binaries\.emulators\.mame$]
>       score: =1001
>       subject: 720b\.zip
>       score: =1002
>       subject: alphaho\.zip
>       score: =1003
>       subject: arknoidu\.zip
>
> maybe there is a limit on how many subjects can be listed under a
> single news group header?

That's entirely possible.  I haven't tried more than a single set of rules
per group entry.  One set of qualifiers, one score, per each single
group entry section.  (One can always add the the same group entry more
than once, and that's what I've done.)

Are you sure it can correctly parse multiple score lines per group entry?
I guess it must as you say it works up to several hundred, but I was under
the impression that the rules and score order didn't matter within the
group entry, and that it would assign the same score to all matches within
the group entry.

Benjamin Franklin