pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: download multiple binaries

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: download multiple binaries
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:52:40 -0700

riccardo ferraro posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:12:27 +0100:

> I have 0.14.2.91 on mandrake 10.1 and also on Fedora Core 3.
> I'm looking for help for a problem I can't solve.
> I can download single binary files (those with the green
> little icon), but I cannot download multiple files (those
> with the little RED icon). I tried to click on the name
> of the "father" file, also tried on each file. I tried
> "flag"+"download flagged", "download","save attachment"....
> none of the commands work. It says "downloading..."
> but then I cannot find the files anywhere in the computer.

I believe you've misinterpreted the icons.  The green one is a complete
puzzle piece, not indicating that it's a single-part post, but that all
parts are there, single or multipart.  The red one is an incomplete puzzle
piece, indicating some parts of the multipart it belongs to are missing.

If you want to save the parts of a multipart that are available even if
it's incomplete, or if it's really a single part but PAN misinterpreted
the subject line and decided it was a multipart, try the manual
decode/save feature, altho this will usually require either that the first
part is there, or that it's really a single part that PAN misparsed the
subject line on.

IOW, if it's really [02/10], a manual decode/save isn't likely to be able
to do much, which is likely what you are seeing.