pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:38:05 -0800

From: "Geek" <address@hidden>

Hi Travis,

If Xandros uses the same dpkg as Debian, just type this as root:

dpkg -i [package name]

and it will install.

Use -r to remove.

The PAN for Debian Stable though is 0.11.2 and is *text only*. No
yEnc and no posting of attachments of anykind.

Thanks to Duncan's help, I have a mini-howto on giving yourself
yEnc and
0.11.4. But that perhaps is for the future as it requires you to
know how to compile from source and have the development packages
installed ;-)

Thanks Geek. I guess you missed the part where I said I was a "Linux total dummy". I wanted the PAN that does binaries and yEnc like it does under WinXP. Maybe I need to look at another newsreader. Any suggestions?

Thanks

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

 I'm a WinXP kinda guy, use PAN and love it.

 So I installed Xandros 3.0 just for the hell-of-it and want to
 use PAN with it.  I go to
 http://packages.debian.org/stable/news/pan.html and see a version
 for i386.  I assume this is the one I need but I have no idea how
 to install it.  Do I also need the GTK files like I did for WinXP?

 If these are indeed the files I need please give this Linux total
 dummy detailed instructions.

 Thanks much.

 --
 Travis in Shoreline Washington