pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] after a PAN crash

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] after a PAN crash
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:37:41 -0700

---- Original Message ----
From: "Paul Cartwright" <address@hidden>
To: "Travis" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 14:24

On Sat May 14 2005 3:58 pm, Travis wrote:
Every once in awhile PAN crashes and when I start it back up all
the previously "read" articles come back as "unread".

PAN 0.14.2 is running on WinXP SP2.

Is this normal?  If not how do I fix it?

just curious why you would run Pan on an XP box. I thought Pan was
for Linux users..
XP has so many other ( better) newsgroup programs... agent,
newbinPro, Newsrover... on Linux I gave up on Pan, it was a hog,
locked up constantly trying to download headers for binary groups.
I now use klibido, also from sourceforge, not sure if there is an
XP version though.

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Paul just east of Atlanta, warm and sunny and 85... <G>

Because Agent is not free and I found Pan very easy to figure out.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington