pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] VDQ : editing with pico

From: Stephen Cofer
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] VDQ : editing with pico
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:43:08 -0500

On 6/29/05, beartooth <address@hidden> wrote:
> Under Edit - Preferences - Apps & email, I have Editor set as "pico %t" ;
> I have pico, because I run pine. But I notice that things don't work at
> all the same way in creating a message as they do with Pine. Is Pan not
> finding pico? Could it find nano better? Do I need a full path for it?

pico/nano needs to be run in a terminal when you hit the Editor button
on the composition window (sending the message).  Therefore you need
something like this in your Editor prefs:

xterm -e pico %t

Of course, you can replace xterm with whichever terminal you have and
the switch to run the following command.