pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Clearing Filtered Posts

From: Juergen Starek
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Clearing Filtered Posts
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 21:47:32 +0200

Aporitic Response schrieb:

> One problem I have is that filtered (plonked) posts keep showing up in the
> "Unread Messages" count.

Yes, I think that's Pan's default behaviour. When you plonk an author,
what happens behind the scenes is that all his posts are assigned a score
of -9999. That's all. The only reason they are normally not displayed is
that under the "Filter" menu, display of articles with that score is
disabled. But the posts are there and are, of course, unread.

So, in order to solve this, simply create a rule that applies to all
newsgroups and to incoming messages. As a filter for this rule, create one
that matches ignored articles. As an action, delete them. That's all.

> Many read messages I want to keep for references, [...]

For that, I created a special folder where (by right-clicking an
interesting article) I store copies of what was most interesting. I'd like
to see some nice way of accessing messages in such folders, btw... ;-)

Hope that helped!

  Jürgen