pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan crashing with Gtk 2.8

From: Artur Jachacy
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan crashing with Gtk 2.8
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:16:49 +0200

Dave Chand wrote:
>> [snipped]
Of course, it's equally annoying to have to scroll thru 200 lines
of quote to get to what might be a two line reply, so bottom
posting alone  isn't always better.  The key is quoting only the
context one is replying  to. If the context is more than 20-ish
lines, ideally, one either replies inline (point-by-point and again
editing out extraneous context),  if one is replying to multiple
points, or edits it down to the context  replied to, or if that's
still to large, summarizes as necessary.
[snipped]

I apologize for my inappropriate net-etiquette. But thanks for enlightening me.
> Dave

LOL

Dave, I'm not sure you realise what you've just done, so I've kept the relevant paragraph from Duncan's longish post.