pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Too many open files

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Too many open files
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 04:18:19 -0700

Rinaldi J. Montessi posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Mon, 05 Sep 2005 23:27:42 -0400:

> You mentioned klibido which brought me to uudeview.  I compiled uudeview,
> RTFM and figured it could do what I needed without another news front end.
>  I dislike KDE anyway :-)  Uudeview detected, decoded, and joined all the
> attachments in the cache.  Think sideways !

Very cool!

The only X environment I have installed is KDE, with PAN the only GTK+ app
I use regularly (it seems so un-Gnome like -- one can actually tweak its
settings from the GUI, unlike so much of Gnome, where unfortunately, they
seem intent on removing that sort of functionality, in the interest of
some form of what they call "usability", that I find almost unusable!), so
klibido is right up my alley! However, if you don't like KDE, particularly
if you don't have at least kdelibs installed for some other KDE app, then
yes, klibido may indeed be something you'd prefer not to get into.

Glad uudeview worked for you, in any case.