pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Feature: Predictive Downloading

From: John Burwell
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Feature: Predictive Downloading
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 02:43:01 -0600

But I don't want to download the whole group at a time. I'm trying to suggest a more clever way of going about it... odds are, if you're reading a given message, you'll read the next one, or perhaps back up to the previous one. Rules aren't really intended for such a purpose.

Sure, it would be easy enough just to download an entire group at a time. But this is kind of inelegant, particularly for groups that may be visited infrequently. It generally takes at least as long to read a message as it would take to download one or two next and previous messages.