pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: FEATURE Request: Clear Find Fields

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: FEATURE Request: Clear Find Fields
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:21:59 -0700

Peter posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Sun, 27 Nov 2005 05:49:31 -0500:

> When using the find text box to filter results in the Groups or Header
> Panes it would be useful to have a button to use to clear the entry.
> Currently, unless I am missing something, the only way to retrieve the
> whole header or group list after Find is to manually delete the contents
> of a Find text entry field.

> like this:
>
> Find: [x] ______________
>
> Unless.....of course, this facility is already there and I am too dense
> to see it!

No, it's not there.  Yes, clearing the find is the only way back to a
normal listing (unless I too am missing something big).  Yes, it would be
very useful to have such a button -- and key-binding.

CVS is currently, however, a rather changed beast from our current
official stable and beta releases, which are over two years old, now,
IIRC.  I don't believe filing bugs/requests is very worthwhile, ATM,
because of all those changes, but when that new version comes out, I'd
suggest filing it at that point, if it's still valid.