pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: New Groups - does it work?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: New Groups - does it work?
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:07:01 -0700

Kevin Brammer posted
<address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:48:15 -1000:

> 0.14.90(older CVS pull)?&nbsp; I'm just wondering because I haven't seen

First, there's a reason PAN doesn't do HTML.  Please turn it off, at least
on the PAN list, and I'd recommend it for all free/libre and open source
software community lists.

As for your question, you don't say if you were familiar with the way it
worked in earlier PAN versions or not, so I'm assuming not.  PAN doesn't
poll for new groups automatically.  You have to tell it to do so.  That
function is (on non-CVS anyway) on the Servers menu, Get List of New
Groups.  Once you do that, /then/ they'll be listed when you select new
groups in the group list -- until the end of the PAN session or until you
fetch new groups again, I believe, thus replacing the old list of new
groups with a new one.  (I'm not sure if a second fetch with additional
new groups will add them to the new group list or replace it, IOW.)