pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: More info on the impending version of Pan

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: More info on the impending version of Pan
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:43:30 +0100

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Duncan wrote:

> Charles Kerr posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below, on
> Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:43:49 -0600:
>
>>  * Many preferences settings have gone away.
>>     (i.e., use Gnome or Windows registry to know what web browser to
>>     use)

<pedant>
I suspect that's an e.g. rather than an i.e.
</pedant>

> What about those that don't have Gnome installed, only KDE?  What file do
> we edit to tell PAN what browser to use?  Not having it in the PAN GUI in
> that case is a regression, unless of course PAN's smart enough to look
> for KDE and find what it uses, if Gnome isn't merged.

And then there are those who have neither Gnome nor KDE! I don't use either
though I will admit to having both installed so I could run the relevant
app to set things up. But some may not be able to do that.

In that particular case $BROWSER seems a common fallback

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Where the boiling Water, Hissed,