pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [.97] Some usability issues

From: Carl Hudkins
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [.97] Some usability issues
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:53:52 -0400

On Wed May 17 2006 00:16, Jeff Berman wrote:

> [...] So when I referred to that as "disturbing", I meant that it caught me
> by surprise when I started scrolling through a binaries newsgroup looking
> for stuff to download, and then all of a sudden the list resorted with new
> items both above and below the stuff I had already seen. And then this
> happened every 10 seconds or so, [...]

        Interesting.  I have mixed thoughts on this.  While that behavior does
seem
annoying, I would appreciate the ability to jump in and start reading before
100,000 articles have loaded—especially if I were on a slow connection!

        Perhaps some "work in progress" indicator could be restored, so that we
know
this newsgroup isn't completely done yet.

--
// Carl Hudkins :: Jabber  address@hidden :: PGP 50238D9E
//