pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.100 "Hey, I like this. Early Nothing!"

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.100 "Hey, I like this. Early Nothing!"
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:12:46 -0500

Kevin Brammer wrote:

Whenever I build these betas, I get a warning about not being able to
find libgnome.  What does  libgnome provide the application?  Should I
get it?

If you build Pan with Gnome, then it lets Gnome handle the urls you click on (such as pulling up email apps or a web browser).

If you build Pan without Gnome, Pan will use your $BROWSER
environmental variable to figure out what to do with the urls
you click on.

IIRC, that's the only difference.