pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [.100] Server authentication issues

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [.100] Server authentication issues
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:54:20 -0700

Jeff Berman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I subscribe to a 3rd party Usenet service.  Ever since the .9x
> betas appeared, pan has periodically stalled out on Binary
> downloads.  The only way to recover is to quit and restart pan.

I've seen that also, but I discovered that I wasn't waiting long
enough.  The timeout is something like 30 or 60 seconds, which
seems like forever while you're staring at your screen.  Next
time try waiting a full two minutes before re-starting.

In my case it seems to be server dependent -- one server will
stall and the other two don't.

[...]
> couple weeks ago I brought up the suggestion of creating a --debug
> flag that only shows server messages.

Yes, I think it would be helpful.