pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] re: works beautifully on freebsd 6.1

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] re: works beautifully on freebsd 6.1
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:47:07 -0400

Brian King wrote:
/usr/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gi18n.h:23:21: libintl.h: No such
file or directory
Talk about deja vu. This is exactly the same problem that came up for me (and someone before me) compiling for MacOS X (Darwin is a relative of freebsd). It was Charles who pointed me to the Cflags value in what is probably in your case /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc. I suspect that your Cflags in that line needs to have -I${includedir} added. In linux this is not necessary because libintl.h is in /usr/include which the compiler looks in automatically. But in the DarwinPorts and freebsd setups, this file is in a different place (/opt/local/include for me, /usr/local/include for you), thus the need to change glib-2.0.pc.. I was informed just the other day that OpenDarwin has now comitted that fix (bug 9937). Sounds like freebsd needs to do likewise.
-- David