pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan-0.104 compile error

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan-0.104 compile error
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:20:53 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:40:41 -0400, John Aldrich wrote:

> Trying to compile an i686 RPM on Fedora Core 3, I get the following error:
<snip>
> message-check-test.cc: In function `int main()':
> message-check-test.cc:238: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

In an ideal world this should never happen:  the compiler crashed without
printing an error message.  It would be nice to know if this happens at
the same spot in the compilation every time.

My personal experience has been that this is often caused by overheated
hardware causing random (non-reproducible) errors.  But, of course, not
always.  If the error happens multiple times at the same spot, then you
probably found a bug in the Fedora compiler/development package.