pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.105 "When Churchill opened the door, it was a

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.105 "When Churchill opened the door, it was a new car, a Chevrolet Nova."
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:27:48 +0000 (UTC)

Charles Kerr <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Wed, 26 Jul 2006
15:52:42 -0500:

> Feedback and bug reports are ever-more valuable as we approach 1.0.
> Everyone is encouraged to download this version and test it to pieces.

1.0 is getting very close now.  I can taste it!  =8^)

Also, while thru 0.104, I had to honestly say old-pan was still preferable
enough that I'd have gone back to it myself for text posting anyway, had I
not been so involved on this list/group.  That's no longer the case.  At
this point, I can honestly say I'd stick with new-pan.  It has come a very
long way in a very short time!  Good work, Charles -- and all the folks
testing and bug reporting too!

That said... Umm...  haven't gotten customized accels working yet.  Did the
way they get set change?  (It shouldn't be the old gtkrc line trick,
as old-pan took accel changes.)  Maybe they have to be edited by hand in
the file now? Haven't tried that yet.  (Or maybe it's still something
stale in memory, given that as I mentioned in a different thread, I just
upgraded gtk+ and haven't restarted X or rebooted yet.  That one just
started working, maybe this will too.)