pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Read More

From: Darren Albers
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Read More
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:20:21 -0400

Jeff Berman wrote:
For what it's worth, I prefer Read More (we're talking
the space key, right?) to go to the next article,
which I believe is how pan 0.14 worked.  I find myself
often locating an already-read collapsed message
thread, double-clicking on it to read the first
article, then hitting space to read through the
articles until I find the one I wanted to re-read. It's a bit disconcerting to have the newsreader jump
past a bunch of articles in the thread like how it
does now.

I agree, I prefer that space step through the articles in sequence regardless of read status and 'n' go to next unread. I often have to read through the entire thread to remember the context even if I read it before.

I have been using the Pre-1.0's for so long that I can't remember how 0.14 worked but I /thought/ that was the behavior there as well.