pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 0.105 Header Pane deleted article behavior

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 0.105 Header Pane deleted article behavior
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:11:02 +0000 (UTC)

Jeff Berman <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:47:21 -0700:

> --- jef_e <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Using tabbed mode in the new version, behavior in the Header Pane is a
>> bit unexpected when selecting many articles and then deleting them.
>
> This was fixed around pan .100 or so; maybe the fix didn't extend to
> tabbed mode..?

Yes, something similar was fixed, I was the one that reported it.  However,
the behavior described here is different yet, as it used to re-home (jump
to the top of the list again), every time the view filter was changed.

I'm guessing the fix is using incorrect logic in the delete case
described, as the idea was to re-center the view to keep the selected post
(or since it's now deleted, the previous and later posts) in view, which
it's doing in most cases now, instead of moving to the top as it was
pre-fix.

I'd suggest filing a bug (assuming the OP is testing 0.105).  I haven't
been doing binaries lately so haven't been deleting posts so can't
confirm, but this does sound like it would be widespread, not just a
single installation for some reason.