pan-users

[Pan-users] Compiling pan 0.107 on OS X

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: [Pan-users] Compiling pan 0.107 on OS X
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:19:52 -0500

Hello all,

I'm trying to build Pan 0.107 on Mac OS X; I have fink installed.  I'm
having trouble getting it compiled.

A little bit of background first... the new betas of Pan aren't packaged for
fink, so I have to build it myself.  All of Pan's required packages are
available through fink, except for PCRE >= 5.0, which I've manually
installed in /usr/local/. After setting my PKG_CONFIG_PATH, ./ configure is
able to find all of the things it needs.

Whenever I try to compile Pan I get this error:

In file included from e-util.cc:32:
/sw/include/glib-2.0/glib/gi18n.h:23:21: error: libintl.h: No such file or directory e-util.cc: In constructor 'EvolutionDateMaker::EvolutionDateMaker (time_t)':
e-util.cc:213: error: 'gettext' was not declared in this scope
e-util.cc: In member function 'char* EvolutionDateMaker::get_date_string(time_t) const':
e-util.cc:242: error: 'gettext' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [e-util.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

As far as gettext goes, fink says I have the following installed: gettext 0.10.40, gettext-bin 0.14.5, gettext-tools 0.14.5, libgettext3-dev 0.14.5,
libgettext3-shlibs 0.14.5, libgettextpo2-dev 0.14.5, and libgettextpo2-
shlibs 0.14.5.

According to fink, I can't have gettext-dev and libgettext3-dev installed at
the same time; I get the above error with either one.

Can anyone help me to compile Pan, or point me in the right direction?
Thanks a lot!

--
Benjamin D. Esham
address@hidden  |  AIM: bdesham128  |  Jabber: same as e-mail