pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Weird visual issue on Windows

From: Artur Jachacy
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Weird visual issue on Windows
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 04:25:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:33:05 -0400, Darren wrote:

> Artur Jachacy wrote:
>>
>> Do you have ClearType switched on?
>
> Yes
>

>>>  Are you using custom fonts?
>>
>> No, I use Courier New (12 pts) and Arial Unicode MS (13 pts) for the body
>> pane, but it's also visible in the header and group panes, where I use
>> Tahoma (8 pts).
>
> What happens when you use the default fonts?  I will try your fonts
> tomorrow and see if it happens to me as well.

Sorry, that "no" was supposed to be "yes", obviously. With default fonts
it's not as bad, but it's visible where bold is used (for example in
"Subscribed Groups" in the group pane, look at the last "s"). I also see
it in the menus, check View > Layout - "1" doesn't have the serif on the
right side.

Artur

--
Washington, Washington
Six-foot-twenty, fuckin' killing for fun