pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Mangled address when sending mail

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Mangled address when sending mail
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:57:41 -0400

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:57:32 +0000, Duncan wrote:
[...]
> The bottom line is that something isn't quite functional, but from this
> alone, we don't know if it's pan or your environment settings or what.  If
> you can figure it out and narrow it down to pan, that's a pan bug Charles
> will be interested in.  Else, it might be a bug in your environment, or
> possibly sylpheed's mailto: handling, or your specific settings.  If it's
> not the last, but a bug in your environment or sylpheed, they'd probably
> be interested in the bug.

I run Pan 0.14.2.91 -- still the latest available from the yum
repositories for Fedora Core 5. I don't see anything under Edit >
Preferences nor Tools > Posting Profiles that specifies a mailer.

If you go to gmane.org.infiniteink and look at a thread called "Re:
Understanding Pine incoming-folders and" (with the title cut off because
of other trouble I had, and had never had before, with gmane), you'll find
a sequence of four in a row from me; they demonstrate this problem.

Fwiw, when I have a choice of mailers, it's Pine, period, end of chapter.
Any wild horses that tried to drag me to any other would be instant
horsemeat. But I don't think Pan on my machine is feeding into Pine, nor
anything else I recognize. (It won't make indented paragraphs, for
instance.)

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler
FC5; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3; CXO 5.0.1