pan-users

[Pan-users] [0.110] pan compiles on gcc-4.1,1

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] [0.110] pan compiles on gcc-4.1,1
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 03:28:07 +0000 (UTC)

Exciting news, fellow geeks:  gentoo upgraded gcc-4.1.1 to 'stable'
today!

The very first thing I did (of course) was to compile pan using
gcc-4.1.1 -- and it works beautifully!

The great thing is that the binary is only 7% bigger than with
gcc-3.4.x and there are lots of other benefits as well -- but
I need to read hundreds of pages of documents to find out just
what those benefits might be.

I'll spend the next day or two reading those docs while I rebuild
my entire gentoo machine with gcc-4.1.1.

If you never hear from me again, at least you'll know why ;o)

TTFN!