pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [0.110] pan compiles on gcc-4.1,1

From: Frederic Bezies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [0.110] pan compiles on gcc-4.1,1
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 06:26:26 +0200

Le 01.09.2006 05:29,  walt a écrit :

Exciting news, fellow geeks:  gentoo upgraded gcc-4.1.1 to 'stable'
today!

Ang gentoo 2006.1 is available too.

The very first thing I did (of course) was to compile pan using
gcc-4.1.1 -- and it works beautifully!

I build it every single week with gcc 4.0.3 :)

The great thing is that the binary is only 7% bigger than with
gcc-3.4.x and there are lots of other benefits as well -- but
I need to read hundreds of pages of documents to find out just
what those benefits might be.

Good luck.

I'll spend the next day or two reading those docs while I rebuild
my entire gentoo machine with gcc-4.1.1.

Upgrade to gentoo 2006.1 it will be simpler.

If you never hear from me again, at least you'll know why ;o)

I would have installed Gentoo 2006.1 instead of my Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS, but I won't because :

- Gnome is older than the one available (2.14.2 in Gentoo, 2.14.3 in Ubuntu)
- localization sucks (no french version out of the box for gnome and other tools)
- having to build all the modules in order to make firewall work :(

--
Frederic Bezies - address@hidden