pan-users

[Pan-users] compose eats up CPU cycles?

From: Thufir
Subject: [Pan-users] compose eats up CPU cycles?
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:21:36 +0100

When composing a new message, or a reply, simply _selecting_ small amounts
of text by highlighting apparently maxes out the CPU usage.  I have 500MB
RAM and a 2+ ghz celeron chip.  Graphics intensive apps, like gthumb, use
less of the CPU.  I believe pan is just using gedit.  It doesn't make
sense, there's even a noticable delay when typing.  That is, I can type
faster than the words appear on the screen, which causes the CPU to max
out, and I don't type very fast.  If I stop typing, the CPU usage drops
down to near zero, from 100 percent, or close to.

-Thufir