pan-users

[Pan-users] 0.112 problems

From: David Kelly
Subject: [Pan-users] 0.112 problems
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:57:12 -0500

Probably with 0.111 as well. Under FreeBSD 6.1.

Have skipped several weeks of pan betas. Built 0.111 and ran it a few days, and now a few days of 0.112 and am not yet ready to replace 0.14.2.91.

Both 0.111 and 0.112 downloads at about half the rate of '.91, then gets slower, and slower, and eventually halts. Same news server, throttled to 2 connections within pan. If allowed to run 4 connections 0.112 can peak at my full cable modem rate of 500 KiB/ sec, then slows, and finally stops. Attempts to restart tasks does nothing. Quit pan and restart and full speed is resumed, for a while.

Doesn't seem to matter if I have one or two news servers configured, or whether both are primary or one is primary and the other "backup". Am not clear as to what the difference is, other than it appears backup is not used unless an error occurs on primary. The task manager doesn't indicate which server(s) it is using.

Reliable way to cause a core dump: Download new headers in a group at the same time delete a block of messages from the same group.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden