pan-users

[Pan-users] Binary Postings Through Newspost

From: Graham
Subject: [Pan-users] Binary Postings Through Newspost
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 00:00:57 +0100

I know this issue has come up before, but as we're getting towards the
final version of Pan, can some consideration be given to those who wish
to post to binary newsgroups?

Currently, I have to do this independently of Pan, as Pan contains no
facilities to encode the binary postings.

It has been suggested before that anybody wishing to post binaries
should use newspost, but I should like to see a facility within Pan
(either through a hook or plugin) to utilise newspost.

Can this be done, so that posting and receiving should be done within
the same gui?  There are no guis under development either for Gnome or
KDE, and what is available do not work with either the new versions of
those desktops or with the latest version of newspost, and in case they
are separate from the newsreader.

Are there any plans to incorporate the facilities of newspost in Pan?

--

Graham