pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: clearing the cache

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: clearing the cache
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:59:45 +0000 (UTC)

"Travis" <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun,
08 Oct 2006 18:24:45 -0700:

> I'm running Pan 0.115 on Winders XP.  If I need to clear the cache how do
> I do it?

I'd simply delete the cache dir, or at least everything in it.  pan will
recreate it as necessary.  On Linux, the cache is under the default
~/.pan2 dir, named either article_cache or article-cache, depending on
the exact version (I have one as a symlink to the other so whatever it is
the effect is the same, the change was inadvertent on Charles' part, it
seems, but I didn't care enough to track which way it ended up, as the
symlink works well either way). If you've moved the default, you should
know it. On MSWormOS I'd not know where the default pan dir is, but I'd
guess the cache dir is similarly named, under it.

Cautionary note:  Deleting the cache != deleting the headers.  They are
separate entities and need deleted separately as well.  However, I presume
you are already deleting the headers from within pan.