pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Transferring score file

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Transferring score file
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:00:14 +0000 (UTC)

Brian Pack <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Wed, 11 Oct 2006
17:52:39 -0400:

> Does the score file for the linux version work in the windows version?
>
> As in, if I copy it to a thumb drive, and then put it in it's proper
> place on the Windows side, will it work as intended without any
> tinkering on my part?

I believe so, yes.  The caveat would be between old pan (<0.15.x) and
new-pan (>=0.90), as there are differences in how the newsgroups lines are
interpreted (old-pan took regex and wildcard IIRC, new only takes wildcard,
a problem only if you used regex), not in which platform pan is on.

One other possible problem /might/ be the line-ending convention
differences, CRLF on MSWormOS, vs only LF on *ix, vs only CR on pre-OSX
MacOS.  I'm guessing one or the other pans wouldn't care, possibly both,
but I've no personal experience as I never used pan on MSWormOS and if I
had it would have been four-ish years ago, about pan 0.11 since it
0.11.something when I discovered pan on Linux, so I don't know.