pan-users

[Pan-users] Get that edit window out of my way!

From: Peter B. Steiger
Subject: [Pan-users] Get that edit window out of my way!
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:37:12 -0600

Recently I noticed that when I'm posting an article - new or reply - the
article edit window remains in the foreground, even when I alt-TAB or
deliberately click on the main window with the group and article lists.
Sometimes I need to reference one or more previous articles, so I need
to get the edit window out of the way to read those articles... but I
can't.  Was this change intentional?  Is it something I can control
through config files?

It didn't used to work that way - in previous versions, selecting the
main window would bring it to the foreground on top of the article edit
window.  I'm 88.42% sure this is just Pan, because none of my other apps
have changed behavior.

I'm running 0.115 on Linux kernel 2.6.16, x.org 7.10, and fluxbox window
manager 0.9.15.1, all built from source with gcc 3.4.6.  I'll probably
play with 0.116 this weekend, but I didn't see anything in the release
notes that indicated a change in window positioning.

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY