pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Syncing Pan and Thunderbird

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Syncing Pan and Thunderbird
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:30:25 +0000 (UTC)

Jeremy Nickurak <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 22 Oct
2006 16:56:08 -0600:

> I don't have pan available to me in another lab I do alot of work in, so
> I end up using Thunderbird for newsgroup access.
>
> What I'd love to do is find a way to semi-automatically sync the
> read-unread message status between the two of them, probabbly via the
> newsrc files.

If thunderbird can import or uses newsrc files, you are fine.  If it
doesn't, you will likely need some sort of script to handle the
conversion.  pan (>=0.90) uses newsrc files, one per configured server, as
found in ~/.pan2/ by default.  You may be able to symlink them (as I do
with certain other files there but not those). I've no idea /what/
thunderbird uses.  If you are still on old-pan (<0.90), it had a configure
option to import/export newsrcs automatically.