pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Select all subscribed groups [Was: Re: feature request]

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Select all subscribed groups [Was: Re: feature request]
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:32:34 +0000 (UTC)

"Matej Cepl" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:27:42
+0000:

> Unless we get "Download all bodies from all
> subscribed newsgroups" function, can we get at least "Select all threads
> from all subscribed newsgroups" first?

Pan is in very deep feature freeze ATM, only fixing bugs, until 1.0, so
that would be a "no".  If a couple nasty bugs hadn't come up to be fixed,
this week would have likely seen the 1.0 release, and until that happens,
adding new features simply adds bugs with them, putting 1.0 off even
further, so it's not going to happen.  (Well, never say never, but let's
say you probably have better odds at the lottery.  Hey, if you win that,
you could pay Charles to work on pan full time, and of course the one
writing the check gets to call the shots! =8^)

After 1.0, when feature development resumes, something like that is
possible, but in what order requested features will be added and which
will be bumped past 1.1 is anyone's guess.  Still, Charles has agreed that
some way to auto-download, at least for watched messages, as well as
auto-delete for killed messages and auto-mark-read for neg-scored
messages, should be possible, and it was in old-pan (using rules), so that
has a fairly reasonable chance of happening before 1.1.