pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Auto-connect on start?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Auto-connect on start?
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 11:41:01 +0000 (UTC)

Yurdaer Donmez <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 04 Nov 2006
10:23:41 +0200:

> I'm a new Pan user. It seems it has a potential to develop :) I'd like
> to contribute as much as I can (as a user). I wonder will it have a
> auto-connect on start and continue to download nzb files in task
> manager? I primarily use the pan for the binary downloading.

Welcome! =8^)  It does what you ask already, AFAIK.  What version are you
using?  0.118 is the latest (likely to be 1.0 next week, if no serious
bugs show up in the mean time).  On the behavior tab of preferences,
there are checkboxes for whether you want it to auto-check headers at
start up and when entering a group, and if you quit with tasks loaded or
feed it an nzb on the command line, it'll go to work immediately.  That's
unless a recent bug has crept in, of course.

If you are using an old pan version, 0.14.x or so, that's a branch
several years old and no longer under development.  However, it's still
commonly shipped with distributions and thus still in wide usage, as the
new C++ rewrite (starting with 0.90, releases have been roughly weekly,
in an intense drive toward 1.0) has only been shipping since April, and
didn't really get into a distribution shippable state until July or so.
Upgrade is encouraged.  Check the pan.rebelbase.com site (there's a
clickable URL in the about box in old-pan, and an entry directly in the
help menu on new-pan) for details and downloads, if your distribution
doesn't have an up-to-date version available directly.